I’m super excited to be taking bookings for my new My Family And Other Romans school and festival events – perfect for anyone teaching the Romans or looking to improve reading and writing for pleasure.
I’ve pasted a little taster of the assembly event below but you’ll find full details on my events page or download this handy PDF.
Rome Play! A Fun Interactive Assembly for KS2
How do you take history and myth and mix it up with live action role play (LARP) to create a hilarious timeslip adventure? Marie Basting will reveal all:
• See exclusive photos of Marie’s bad haircuts as you learn about her writing journey;
• Explore Hadrian’s wall and find out where you can visit Marie’s favourite Roman toilet,
• Test your knowledge of bizarre and disgusting Roman facts;
• Discover your inner LARP warrior as you join battle of the war cries;
• And find out just how easy creative writing can be when you defy the limits others put on you, fire your imagination and mix things up! (Includes creative writing and drawing challenge.)
My Family and Other Romans is out 8th June with Chicken House books with these events running from there on in!